NOTE: This is NOT the recommended way to use PandaPow on Android. Normally you should just download the PandaPow app which is much easier to use.
Note 2: Do not use this approach unless you have been specifically instructed by support staff.
This describes how to use a 3rd party app on Android to connect to PandaPow’s OpenVPN servers.
This requires a device with Android 4.0 or later.
Download OpenVPN for Android from Google play.
- Open the OpenVPN application and tap “All your precious VPNs”
- Tap the “+”
- Enter a name, e.g. PandaPow
- Edit the new VPN (tap the right part of the list item to edit).
- Tap Basic and fill in the following:
- Server address: see here for available servers
- Server Port: See server list for available ports, also make sure use TCP (Note: tap UDP to switch to TCP)
- LZO Compression: Checked
- Type: Username/Password
- CA Certificate: tap select locate the CA file downloaded in step 2. The file is usually in /mnt/sdcard/Download/PandaPowCA.txt. Select the file and tap Select.
- Username: your PandaPow VPN username
- Password: your PandaPow VPN password
- Tap back, and then tap Authentication/Encryption and configure as follows:
- TLS authentication ON, everything else should be off/unchecked.
- TLS authfile set to the TLS file downloaded in Step 2. The file is normally found in /mnt/sdcard/Download/PandaPowTLS.txt.
Go back to the list of VPN configurations and tap the one you added to connect it.
Once you’ve configured a VPN you can add a shortcut to connect it. Just go to your app drawer and select Widgets. You’ll find one named OpenVPN Shortcut. If you place it on your home screen, you will be asked to select which configuration to connect.
If for some reason you can’t connect, please send us the following info so that we can trouble shoot as efficiently as possible.
- The log messages. Normally the log messages appear when you connect, otherwise you can show it by tapping the OpenVPN item in your status messages. You’ll find the option to send it in the menu.
- The generated config. You can get it by editing the config, then tap Generated Config, then tap the Send icon top right to send it.
- Your external IP address. Get it by visiting this link: Get IP Address