Here’s how to disable IPv6 on Mac.
- Open System Preferences > Internet & Wireless > Network
- In the list to the left select your internet connection. What it is called depends on how you connect to Internet but most often it would be called Wi-fi or Airport for wireless connections, or its name would contain Ethernet for connections via cable. Also make sure that the connection is active, that is it shows a green dot next to it.
- Click the Advanced button, then click TCP/IP.
- For Configure IPv6:, select Off, or, if that isn’t available, Link-local only.
- When done, click OK, then Apply.