NOTE: Before you attempt this procedure, make sure you contact support and explain the problem you are trying to solve. Before doing this, please try a SIMPLE RESET as described HERE.
A factory reset WILL DELETE YOUR VPN ACCOUNT information from the device. Which will RENDER THE VPN UNUSABLE. To RESTORE the account information, the device MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.
Be careful to FOLLOW ALL BELOW STEPS EXACTLY.
Please follow the steps below to do a factory reset:
1) Make sure the PandaPow WiFi device is on, i.e. the on/off switch is has a light blue back ground and the lamp is green or yellow. If the device is not on, then turn it on. If the light doesn’t come on within a few seconds, make sure you charge the device and try again.
2) Make sure that the device is connected to an internet source via cable. The factory reset will DELETE ALL ACCOUNT INFO from your device, and the device must have an internet connection to restore this information.
3) The “RESET” button is located on the side of the PandaPow device next to the micro USB port used for the charger. You will need a toothpick or similar tool to press the button. Press and hold the button pressed for at least 30 seconds, then release it. If you hold too short time, either nothing will happen, or you will have done a SIMPLE RESET as described HERE.
4) After releasing the reset button, wait for a few moments and you should see that the device indicator starts blinking, indicating that the device is restarting. Wait for another few minutes for the device to restore your account info.
5) Once the device has been on and shown a steady light for at least a minute, then RESTART the device manually (using the physical on/off button).
6) Once restarted, you should now be able to connect to the PandaPow WiFi wireless network, using the “original” password you got with the PandaPow wifi device when you purchased it. You can also find the password in your client area.
7) If you are unable to connect to the PandaPow WiFi, using the original password, please make sure that the device has internet connection and wait a few minutes more, then restart it again. If the problem persists, please leave the device connected to the internet and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
8) Once the device is restored, and you’re able to connect to it, please access the PandaPow WiFi control via http://192.168.2.1 and ensure that the VPN connection is ON and working.
As always, should you need any assistance, please contact us and we’ll help out.